The schedule for the National Championship Series tournament circuit for the first half of 2020 has been released, dubbed as "Season 1" by the organizer's website.
The circuit will make it's way to seven cities over the course of the first six months of the year, including returns to Boston, Philadelphia, Denver, Washington, and Huntington Beach. New city stops in the circuit include an NCS Major in Santa Clara, California, as well as the NCS Grand Finals in Arlington, Texas in June.
The season will kick off with an NCS Minor in Boston mid-way through January, with a second NCS Minor taking place in Philadelphia at the start of February before the first NCS Major plays out from February 14-16 in Denver. Another two NCS Minors will head to Boston and Washington before the next NCS Major in Santa Clara, while only one NCS Minor separates the Santa Clara Major with the next, in Huntington Beach.
The first season of 2020 will then enter its final hurdle as four NCS Minors, one in Philadelphia and Washington and two in Boston, will take place, leading into the first NCS Grand Finals of the year in Arlington, Texas from June 25-28.
Season 1 of the 2020 National Championship Series circuit looks as follows:
- NCS Minor Boston - January 18
- NCS Minor Philadelphia - February 1
- NCS Major Denver - February 14-16
- NCS Minor Boston - February 22
- NCS Minor Washington - March 7
- NCS Major Santa Clara - March 13-15
- NCS Minor Denver - April 4
- NCS Major Huntington Beach - April 17-19
- NCS Minor Boston - April 25
- NCS Minor Philadelphia - May 2
- NCS Minor Washington - May 23
- NCS Minor Boston - June 6
- NCS Grand Final Arlington - June 25-28