No weekends off for INTZ
After an action-packed weekend of online Counter-Strike, INTZ took down Rap Gang in a three-map thriller to win the first-ever Mustache Masters. It wasn't all about the gameplay, though, as the event managed to raise over $10,000 for the Movember Foundation.
Despite their troubles with the knife, INTZ breezed through the upper bracket, losing just 53 rounds across six maps to progress to the grand final. Once there, they were joined by Rap Gang after Singularity were forced to forfeit the lower bracket final due to scheduling issues.
Earlier in the bracket, a notable upset came in the form of Riot Squad's early elimination when Pujan "FNS" Mehta's side were defeated by Intermediate side Supremacy to finish in 5th-6th place.
The first map of the grand final, Mirage, was an incredibly one-sided affair, with INTZ giving up just eight rounds. Things were far closer on Train, where Josh "shinobi" Abastado's side won out in triple overtime. Rap Gang appeared to run out of steam in the third map, losing the 16-9 as INTZ overran them once again.
Throughout the event, many of the fundraiser's stretch goals were reached, causing the casting team to perform a variety of challenges. These included Ryan "RyanAtRBM" Friend's clown makeup, members of the broadcast team waxing their legs, and the sudden disappearance of Mike "DarfMike" Winnick's hair.
The top eight teams of the event were as follows:
- 1st - INTZ (chelo, xand, yeL, shz, boltz)
- 2nd - Rap Gang (FaNg, Xeppaa, Bwills, shinobi, RZU)
- 3rd - Singularity (seb, Relyks, dazzLe, dapr, Zellsis)
- 4th - Supremacy (Schmoney, Gary the Goat, Rico, JTS^S, Cakes)
- 5-6th - Riot Squad (ptr, mitch, crashies, FNS, Jonji)
- 5-6th - Club Conflict Ringers (TooSmartNA, Wick, naidel, miniature, NIGHTSIFY)
- 7-8th - Mustache Rides Only (MagicHelmet, SPERMY, Reality, Welshy, Kilowhiskey)
- 7-8th - Ricefield Scrimmers (Kenuk, Mazra, Powertitan, Vogurt, Tippy)
The full bracket is available here.